Free School Meal Entitlement
Due to the current pandemic and recent job losses you may find that you will now qualify to receive free school meals for your child/children.
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190) as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Applying for Free School Meals
To apply contact the free school meals team by telephone: 01629 536400 / 01629 535743 or email: email@example.com.
Alternatively you can complete an application form via the Derbyshire County Council website using this link: https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/education/schools/your-child-at-school/meals/school-meals/free-school-meals.aspx
You do not have to fill in a separate form for each child, even if they go to different schools. Just name the child and which school they go to.
After You've Applied
Derbyshire County Council will email you to let you know if your application has been processed and the outcome of the eligibility check. Once you have received confirmation of eligibility please contact school to inform us in order for our records to be updated.